I had an interesting observation this weekend while planning out the next Big Top Reverse Job Fair.
What is the Big Top? I thought you would never ask. 😉
Five years ago when I started this journey I am on, I realized that I needed to know everyone. Fast forward to today and I have met over 2,000 of you face-to-face. I use these connections in many ways every single day, mostly making introductions. Out of this grew an idea to host a new-age job fair that was unique, fun and rewarding for both parties (company recruiters and engaged job seekers). The Big Top event is a 2-3x per year, not-your-fathers-job-fair, that I am very proud of.
- 7 RTP and 1 St. Louis events over 3 years
- Over 2,400 job seekers have attended an event
- over 43 companies have been represented (Bronto the most frequent)
- 83% of companies make at least 1 hire
- 65% of the companies generate 5-10 qualified leads from a single event
- The New Job Board has 461 open positions
- The website has attracted over 13,000 users and they have viewed over 65,000 pages this year.
The observation I made was the transition over the past 3 years from a regional software developer need to a sales & marketing need. Don’t get me wrong, there is still a huge need for software development talent in the area. But, as companies like Bronto, Sharefile, and Netsertive have matured, their hiring needs have diversified as well.
The next Big Top Reverse job fair is Jan 13th to be held at the RTP HQ on Davis Drive and I-40. We will limit registrations due to the size of the event space, but if you or someone you know is interested, register now.
In addition to the event, we are improving our weekly email newsletter that features a hiring company every week. Sign up – its free!