Build The Fort
By Chris Heivly
Build the Fort outlines five basic elements that are common to both fort-building, startups and startup communities:
- Socializing Your Idea Without Fear or Inhibition,
- Identifying and Marshaling the People You Trust,
- Gathering the Minimal Resources Closest To You To Build Confidence & Momentum,
- Acting on the Smallest and Simplest Forms of the Idea, and
- Action ~ Building Your Fort.
Whether you are 16 or 60, this book provides the reader a better understanding of the earliest micro-steps of starting your own business by overlaying Chris’s 30 years of experiences in startups, investments, big-company intrapreneurship and community development.
Socialize the Idea without Fear or Inhibition →
Partner with Skilled & Trustworthy People →
Gather the Assets Closest to You →
Create a Short-Term Collective Purpose →
Build the Fort →
About the author
Now 20+ years later, I am an early-stage investor, I ran a $25M corporate venture fund, I co-founded 2 micro venture funds investing in 42 companies, I built a multi-million dollar consulting business focused on startup communities.
I joke that I have career ADHD. Most of these experiences are shared in this book with a very consumable simple parable of building forts. I hope you give it a read and enjoy!